February 15, 2009

february15

I didn't get yesterday's posted. And that's because I accidentally deleted the photo I wanted to use from the memory card! That just annoyed me so much that I didn't take another one. I'm putting two up today though.
The first one is of Finn. Nothing remarkable about the photo itself, but I just love the way he looks in this picture. I think it's the way his shoulders are.

I've been wanting to try this out for a little while, and I finally did it today. I'm not completely happy with the way it turned out, so I'd like to try it again. I'm surprised at just how different I look size-wise in the photos. Perhaps it's because I was at more of a wide-angle than I should have been. Live and learn, right? I think next time I'll not use the couch and just stand around.


Edited to add:
Since a couple of you have asked how I did it, here's my set up and tutorial. Please note that I'm not that great at explaining things, and I'm even worse at writing!

Here's my setup.

I basically turned on my lights, set my timer, and then sat down. I then did a wardrobe change and set the timer again and did another pose, and did that until I had the four pictures.

In Photoshop, I brought them all into one image, each pose as a different layer. From there I used the eraser tool to make each clone show. I then merged the layers and voila!

6 comments:

Meghan Rickard 1:14 a.m.  

I love the second one, how did you do that?

Anonymous 1:59 a.m.  

Finn looks so grown up, just like a little man!!

I love the clone photo. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a few clones hanging around? I'd have all the fun, while my clones did all this boring/unpleasant/icky stuff!!

Anonymous 5:02 a.m.  

4 Carly's.. can I have one? **I want the real one though...LOl cool photo

micheleabelphoto 8:09 a.m.  

I love it....and I think you're too picky. I would love to do it. Howd?id you do it? Are you up for a mini-tutorial.....I think we would all love it!

Mara 4:31 p.m.  

DAMN!!!! That is so unbelievable awesome. I thought you found a way to clone yourself. I was going to ask you your secret. I think the world needs another me. :-)

Kelly 4:38 p.m.  

That's so awesome, the shot of you in 4 poses! Great idea.

Followers

If you just can get enough...

...check out my Flickr page. I'm going to try to stick to one-a-day here, and so I'll put my extras on Flickr. Just in case you're interested!

About This Blog

This is me trying to take a picture each day in 2009, and not only take a picture, but to actually be diligent about posting it!


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP